The Article 15 Project supports the capacities of children and youth around the world to self-organize and fulfill their rights, in partnership with adults, by:
- Raising awareness around Article 15 of the CRC–children’s right to associate and self-organize
- Developing tools for the establishment, management, and sustainability of child-managed groups
- Supporting children and adults to work in partnership by designing a process that strengthens their understanding and respect for one another
This website hosts the most up-to-date resources for child and youth-led groups. The primary resource available is the Article 15 Resource Kit. It is free to download and may be printed and adapted. Most of the tools in each module of the Resource Kit have been improved through regional workshops and visits with children and youth groups. We will continue to add more resources and would love to hear from you if there are other tools you use within your group to help make it better.
What you can do on The Article 15 Project website:
- Download the Article 15 Resource Kit
- Search the Knowledge Base for resources related to child and youth self-organized groups
- Add your own documents in the Share Resources section
- Upload photos and videos from your group’s experience using the Article 15 Resource Kit
- Share feedback on the tools in order to improve them and adapt them to different contexts
- Watch videos about children’s groups
In the future, we hope to improve this site to better allow different groups of children and youth to connect with each other and share stories about your group’s successes and challenges.
The Children’s Environments Research Group (CERG) is the coordinating partner of the Article 15 Project and is part of the Center for Human Environments at the Graduate Center of the City University of the York.
To reach us via phone or e-mail:
To reach us via postal mail, please send correspondence to:
Children’s Environments Research Group
365 5th Avenue, Rm 6203.02
New York, NY 10016
To send a direct message, please use the form below: